The HOME Rehabilitation Program provides assistance to lower-income households who reside in the City of Pittston to make code related improvements to their homes.
- Applicants must own and occupy the property as their principal resident
- All property taxes, sewer maintenance and garbage fees must be current
- Applicants must meet the income requirements
- The improved property value must be less than 95% of the median sales price
- All items necessary to bring a home up to code
- Address lead-based paint hazards
Maximum Amount of Financial Assistance
- $15,000 per dwelling unit with an additional $9,999 with RDA approval
- Forgiveness of loan will be made with a 10-year term
- Funds are forgiven each year the owner resides in the home
HUD 2019 INCOME LIMITS
*Income from all sources. Limits are subject to change each year.
- 1 person per household: $37,550
- 2 persons per household: $42,900
- 3 persons per household: $48,250
- 4 persons per household: $53,600
- 5 persons per household: $57,900
- 6 persons per household: $62,200
- 7 persons per household: $66,500
- 8 persons per household: $70,800
To apply, please complete the Pre-Application Form and send to Dina Shaw by mail, Attn: Dina Shaw, City of Pittston, 35 Broad St. Pittston, PA 18640, or by email email@example.com.
After receiving the pre-application, you will be contacted to discuss the program and future steps.
For assistance or questions, please contact Dina Shaw at 570-654-1090 Ext 232.