|About Pittston City Government|
The City of Pittston was incorporated on 10 December 1894. As defined by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Pittston is a Third Class City and operates under the Third Class City Code, as reenacted and amended on June 28, 1951 (P.L. 662, No. 164) As Amended.
The city is governed by a five member commission comprised of 4 elected city councilmembers and one elected mayor, who hold the legislative and executive authority. There is also an elected city controller and city treasurer with duties as prescribed by the Third Class City Code.
The city government is housed in City Hall, located at 35 Broad Street, a historic structure opened in 1939.