The HOME Rehabilitation Program provides assistance to lower-income households who reside in the City of Pittston to make code related improvements to their homes.
- Applicants must own and occupy the property as their principal resident
- All property taxes, sewer maintenance and garbage fees must be current
- Applicants must meet the income requirements
- The improved property value must be less than 95% of the median sales price
- All items necessary to bring a home up to code
- Address lead-based paint hazards
Maximum Amount of Financial Assistance
- $15,000 per dwelling unit with an additional $9,999 with RDA approval
- Forgiveness of loan will be made with a 10-year term
- Funds are forgiven each year the owner resides in the home
HUD 2020 INCOME LIMITS
*Income from all sources. Limits are subject to change each year.
- 1 person per household: $40,150
- 2 persons per household: $45,900
- 3 persons per household: $51,650
- 4 persons per household: $57,350
- 5 persons per household: $61,950
- 6 persons per household: $66,550
- 7 persons per household: $71,150
- 8 persons per household: $75,750
To apply, please complete the Pre-Application Form and send to Beckie Latona, ATTN: Beckie Latona, City of Pittston, 35 Broad St. Pittston, PA 18640, or by email email@example.com.
HOME REHABILITATION APPLICATION
After receiving the pre-application, you will be contacted to discuss the program and future steps.
For assistance or questions, please contact Dina Shaw at 570-654-1090 Ext 232.