Please review the link for the Exam_Ad_July 01, 2022
Download the Exam Packets:
CITY OF PITTSTON
CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATIONS
ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER
FULL TIME FIREFIGHTER
The Civil Service Commission for the City of Pittston is now accepting applications to take the civil service examination for entry level Police Officer and entry level Firefighter/Engineer. Applications may be obtained at the office of the City Administrator at:
City of Pittston
35 Broad Street
Pittston PA 18640
Or online at www.cityofpittston.org
Applications and required documentation along with a non-refundable testing fee of $50.00 check or money order made payable to the City of Pittston, must be submitted by mail or in person to the Office of the City Administrator during normal business hours Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM except Holidays.
Submission deadline is Wednesday July 20, 2022 at 4:00PM
Minimum Eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be 21 years of age at time of application
- Applicants must be United States Citizens.
- Each applicant shall possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. from an accredited institution.
- Applicants for the position of Police Officer must have successfully completed Act 120 training and be able to be certified by M.P.O.E.T.C.
- Applicants for Firefighter/Engineer must be EMT and Firefighter I Certified.
- Applicants must have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Successful applicant must maintain a residence not more than 10 miles from the City’s boundary by the date they begin work.
- Applicants must be able to perform all the essential functions of the job being applied for, with or without reasonable accommodation
The City of Pittston is an Equal Opportunity Employer