CITY OF PITTSTON
Civil Service Examinations
The Civil Service Commission for the City of Pittston is now accepting applications to take the civil service examination for Entry-Level Police Officer in the Police Department. Applications may be obtained from the City Administrator’s Office at Pittston City Hall, 35 Broad St., Pittston, PA 18640 or online at www.pittstoncity.org. If you would like an application mailed to you, please contact 570-654-4601 ext. 245. Applications and required documentation along with a non-refundable processing fee of fifty ($50) dollars, check or money order made payable to the City of Pittston must be submitted by mail or in person at the City Administrator’s Office.
Submission deadline is Thursday, August 12th at 4:00pm. Qualified applicants will be invited to test on Saturday August 28, 2021.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Entry-Level Police Officer
- Applicants must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must have successfully completed Act 120 training and be able to provide M.P.O.E.T.C. certification.
- Must be a Citizen of the United States of America.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Must maintain a residence not more than ten (10) miles from the City’s boundaries by the date they begin work.
- Must be able to perform all the essential functions of the job being applied for, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The City of Pittston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.