This notice will serve to advise all residents of City of Pittston and all municipalities therein that the following actions, if based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, familial status (families with children), or handicap (disability) is prohibited by Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (Federal Fair Housing Act) and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act adds the additional protected classes of age, ancestry and use of guide or support animals because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals are considered discriminatory:
- Refusing to sell or rent to, deal or negotiate with any person.
- Discriminating on terms or conditions for buying or renting housing.
- Discriminating by advertising that housing is available only to persons of a certain race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, handicap (disability), age, ancestry or with no animals.
- Denying that housing is available for inspection, sale or rent when it really is available.
- Blockbusting-for profit, persuading owners to sell or rent housing by telling them that minority groups are moving into the neighborhood.
- Denying or making different terms or conditions for home loans by financial institutions.
- Denying to anyone the use or participation in any real estate services, multiple listing services or other facilities related to the selling and renting of housing.If you’re a person with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation, please contact the below Fair Housing Officer/Agency.
If you’re a person with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation, please contact the below Fair Housing Officer/Agency.
If you’re Limited English Proficient and require a document translation, please contact the below Fair Housing Officer/Agency.
All residents are hereby notified, that any complaints regarding a discriminatory action under one of the above conditions may be filed with the:
Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission
Harrisburg Regional Office
333 Market Street, 8th Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17101-2210
(717) 787-7279 TTY users
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
FHEO/Regional III Office Mid-Atlantic Office
100 Penn Square East, 12th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Fax: (215) 656-3449
TTY: (800) 927-9275